When I started making special cakes for my children's birthdays, I never knew it would lead me here. Covered in powdered sugar, fingernails dyed with food coloring, and running to weddings and birthday parties. Follow me here where all my Frosted Fantasies are on display to browse. Feel free to search and find your favorite. Thanks for stopping by!

have been caked

Friday, April 6, 2012

Striped Wedding Cake



These flowers took me over ten hours to make out of fondant. The bride showed me a picture of the flowers she was carrying in her bouquet. Then a picture of a striped topsy turvy cake. This was only my second topsy turvy and my first wedding. I was terrified but determined, ya know. The pressure was on!




I am very proud of how it turned out. The final touch of edible sparkles really made it, well, shine. 



1 comment:

  1. These flowers are beautiful!! How many layers did you use for these flowers?

    ReplyDelete